Staying fit and healthy is becoming a worldwide trend today and going to the gym is one of the ways which people choose to lose weight. There are those who find going to the gym a little boring so they opt to engage in sports. Badminton, tennis and squash are among the choices for losing weight and being healthy, but how do you know which one is perfect for you?
Although badminton, tennis and squash are all racquet sports; there are significant differences among these three sports. Read along as each sport is discussed in details and we might be able to help you choose which one is best for you.
Badminton is a form of and aerobic exercise or a cardio exercise in other terms. It has multiple health benefits to its players and these benefits increase as the players also engage in the sport for a longer time. One must play up to 30 minutes a day to be able to obtain the optimal effect of badminton in one’s health. Here are some of the effects of badminton in one’s health:
- Playing badminton reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) and increases good cholesterol (HDL).
- It helps reduce blood pressure which means it is a good exercise for those who have hypertension
- It lessens the risk of heart attack by strengthening the heart muscles and prevents blood vessel from clogging
- It helps in managing weight by burning excess calories
- It can also help in preventing osteoporosis
Just like the badminton, tennis is also an aerobic/cardio workout. And there are also a number of health benefits tennis can bring:
- It is not only a physical sport nor a sport of strength, but rather it is both mental and physical. It is a low impact sport so anyone can play it.
- It helps in lowering blood pressure
- Manages a person’s weight
- Reducing the risk of heart diseases
Aside from the health benefits that were mentioned earlier in badminton and tennis, squash can also promote those; here are a few more health benefits that squash can make:
- Boosts flexibility and sprint speed
- Improves hand-eye coordination
- Develops the strength of your leg and arm muscles
- Promotes concentration and mental strength
There are still a lot of things that sports can bring about in your overall health and it is still your choice on which sport you will participate into.